These Terms and Conditions set out the way in which Oman Telecommunications Company . SAOG (“Omantel”) will provide Domain Name Registration Services (the “Services”) to you.
In this Registrant Agreement (the “Agreement”) the following words and expressions have the meaning hereby assigned to them ( You ) or (for You) shall refer to the Registrant and ( We ) or ( Us) shall refer to Omantel. Authority means Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (“TRA”)
By signing an application form for the Services (in paper form or on-line), you make an Agreement with us that these Terms and Conditions will govern our relationship. Your use of the Services is also governed by and subject to the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (“TRA”) regulations, decisions, directives, and guidelines issued from time to time.
- Services supplied
- Omantel will provide you with the Services ordered by you as shown on your application form. The Registrant shall provide the minimum information required in the service application.
- We will list the Registration applications that meet the requirements according to the precedence of these applications as per the time and date of submission.
- You may request cancelling a Service within 3 working days from the registration date and we shall refund to you all the registration fees. In all cases, the cancellation is considered effective only after five days from the cancellation request date without being withdrawn, however if the cancellation request is withdrawn during that period, the cancellation request shall be considered null and void.
- Charges will apply for the registration and use of the Services as described in the application form.
- You shall be deemed to have received notices from us regarding this Agreement if we contact the latest email address you have given us. We will also post all changes to our pricing and Terms and Conditions on our website www.omantel.om
- The domain name shall be entered on the register for a minim period of (1) year and shall not exceed (5) years. Renewal for similar period/s may be considered provided that we receive a 90 days’ notice prior to the expiration of the registration or previous renewal.
- In the event the registration of the domain name has been expired without being renewed, the domain name will be suspended for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days during which you may not use it or introduce any amendments thereon. The suspension shall be ceased if you during the aforementioned period take the necessary renewal procedures, however if such period has been expired and no renewal action has been taken, the registration shall be considered null and you have no right to use the domain name save only under a new registration in accordance with the TRA’s Regulations.
- Your Domain Name
- You acknowledge that the domain name is not an item of property accordingly you may not sell, waive, or dispose it in any way except in accordance with the TRA’s Regulations.
- You agree that the Domain Name you want to register complies with all TRA’s Regulations (including but not limited to the Domain Name Eligibility Regulations).
- You agree that:
- all information submitted to register the registration of the domain name are true, complete and correct, and are not misleading in any way.
- the domain name applied for does not interfere with or infringe the rights of any third party with respect to registered trade mark, service mark, trade name or any other intellectual property right .
- the use of the Domain Name shall only be for its own use and for lawful purposes that do not violate public order and prevailing laws.
- You do not have any proprietary right arising from the Domain Name or the entry of the Domain Name in the Registry Database.
- Privacy, account details and passwords
- You undertake that all information you give to us is correct and complete, and you must notify us if your account details, including change of your email address, and any change on the following:
- Your account details may be used to verify your identity for access to the Services; you must keep your account details safe.
- Your password is confidential to you alone; you must keep it secret. We will not be responsible for any loss you suffer as a result of not keeping your password secret.
- We will only allow access to your account (including making changes to the account) to you as account holder, using your password.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal account information with the legal and judicial authorities in accordance with the procedures provided in the Laws of Sultanate of Oman. Data obtained from the access will be deleted once the data has served the purpose for which it was obtained.
- Paying for the Services
- You agree to pay the charges for all Services that you order, at the prices and in the manner set out in application form.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you acknowledge that Omantel is acting as a licensee by the TRA to provide the Service in accordance with the Registrant Agreement and you particular acknowledge and accept:
- That in no event shall the TRA be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising from or in connection with any breach by Registrar of its obligations under any agreement between Registrar and the Registrant.
- That Omantel has the right and the obligation to disclose to the TRA Registry all information reasonably required to register the Domain Name
- TRA has the right to publicly disclose to third parties, all information relating to your Domain Name including information to enable the TRA to maintain a public Whols service provided any disclosure is in accordance with the TRA’s Regulations.
- To comply with all .TRA’s Regulations at all times. You should review all regulations carefully, including but not limited to:
- Reserved names requirements (clause 5 of TRA’s Resolution No. 119/2012 which explains which Registrations are prohibited)
- Domain Name eligibility criteria (clause 14-22 of TRA’s Resolution No. 119/2012 which sets out the Eligibility Criteria)
- Domain Name Transfer – Change of Registrant (setting the rules for transferring Domain Name Registration)
- Privacy requirements and Whols Data Collection and access to such data (setting out how your data and data relating to your Domain Name will be collected and used)
- Domain Name Renewal, Expiry & ,cancelation & Termination Regulations (setting out the rules for renewal, expiry, cancelation& & Termination)
- Domain Name Dispute Resolution requirements (setting out the rules you and a third party can contest the registration or use of a domain name)
- Your responsibilities in relation to the Services:
- You agree that you will:
- pay all charges for the Services that you order and/or use
- follow our instructions in respect of the Service
- use the Services responsibly, and in compliance with the laws of the Sultanate of Oman and the TRA’s Regulations
- It is prohibited to use the Service to distribute malware, operation of botnets, phishing, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement, fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting or otherwise engaging in activity contrary to Oman law
- not resell the Services
- not apply for or use the Services in any way which breaches the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Indemnify Omantel against any loss or damage that Omantel suffers as a result of your failure to comply with this Agreement or with the TRA’s Regulations
- supply further documentation and information that we may request in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Notify us in the event of changing your data, with the new data within thirty (30) days of the amendment date, and we shall update that data in the WHOIS Service within five working days of the notification date.
- Will be responsible for transferring your Registered Domain Name to a different service provider, in accordance with TRA’s regulations.
- Warranties :
Warranties are statements of fact that you declare to be true. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you:
- Warrant that you meet, and will continue to meet, the Eligibility Criteria prescribed in the TRA’s Regulations relating to the registration of a Domain name. In the event you no longer meet the Eligibility criteria, your Domain Name Registration may be cancelled
- Warrant, without limitation, that all the information supplied to Omantel for the Registration of the Domain Name is true, complete and correct. Omantel or TRA shall cancel the Registration of the Domain Name if any of the warranties are not true.
- warrant that you have not previously submitted a Domain Name with another Registrar which is the same as the Domain Name you are now submitting to Omantel where: (a) you are relying on the same Eligibility Criteria for both Domain Names and (b) the Domain Name has been previously rejected by the other Registrar.
- If you want to transfer sponsorship of your Domain Name to a different registrar (other than Omantel) we will assist you to do so in accordance with TRA’s Regulations without incurring additional charges on your part. We shall decide over the transfer request within (3) days from the date of receipt and we shall inform you of our decision accordingly.
- Omantel may make changes to its Services (including withdrawal of a Service subject to TRA approval in which case Omantel will assist you in transferring your registration to another Registrar), or to its prices and Terms and Conditions in accordance with the regulations established from time to time. Omantel will give you 20 days’ notice of any alteration to its prices (unless the change is a reduction in prices for the Services, in which case less notice may be given) and 15 days’ notice of any non-price related changes which will affect you. Your continued use of the Services after such notice will be construed as an acceptance of such changes. If you do not accept a change, you must contact us within (7) days to cancel that Service or transfer to another Registrar without any additional charges on Omantel’s part.
- Domain Name Cancellation
- When we are informed that the entity that held the Domain Name registration no longer exists, we will give notice to the Registrant Contact listed in the Registry Database that the Domain Name Registration is cancelled and the Domain Name will be deleted in 30 calendar days. We will use reasonable commercial endeavors to give notice.
- We may cancel the Domain Name when we are notified that you no longer meet the Eligibility criteria to use the Domain Name. You may submit an appeal to the Authority against this decision within 14 days from the date of suspension or cancellation, however, in the absence of the appeal or if the appeal is rejected, the registration shall be considered terminated.
- Transferring this Agreement
- Under this Agreement, Omantel agrees to provide the Services only to you. You may not transfer this Agreement or an account without Omantel’s prior consent and any transfer must be in accordance with the TRA’s Regulations (please see the Domain Name Transfer – Change of Registrant requirement).
- Circumstances where Omantel can suspend or terminate the Services:
Omantel may suspend or terminate the Services at any time without notice subject to TRA approval in the event that:
- It is shown to us and we have justifiable reason that you are failing to comply with this Agreement in any way (we will reinstate the Service as soon as we are satisfied that this is not the case), in particular where you fail to meet the Eligibility criteria to use the Domain Name
- It is shown to us and we have justifiable reason that unusual or fraudulent activity is occurring on the account (we will reinstate the Service/account as soon as we are satisfied that this is not the case)
- you fail to pay renewal charges
- we are required to do so by any government, regulatory organization, emergency Service, or other competent authority, or TRA.
- you become bankrupt or enter into an arrangement with your creditors (or equivalent legal procedure in any other relevant jurisdiction), or we believe it is likely that you will do so shortly.
- Where we suspend a Service under one of the provisions in this Clause, you shall not be entitled to any refund of the registration fees.
- Termination of a Service of this Agreement
- If you want to terminate a Service you should contact Omantel Call Center. However, all Services must be taken for at least the minimum contract term specified on the application form.
- If you terminate any Service before the end of your minimum contract term for that Service you will be required to pay for that Service until the end of the minimum contract term and we will not refund any charges paid in advance for the minimum contract term.
- If you terminate all Services you have ordered from us, then this Agreement will be terminated automatically, and we will close your account. Upon closure of your account all outstanding charges payable by you will become immediately payable.
- In case of termination of the Accreditation Agreement for any reason stated in the Accredited Registrar Agreement, we shall:
- Immediately cease providing the registration services, and notify you of the termination of the accreditation
- Coordinate with the accredited registrars who are identified by the Authority to complete the transfer your registered domain name in accordance with the instruction of the TRA within 14 days.
- Legal liability
- We will not be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or any other liability arising under or in relation to this Agreement) for any actions by us or anyone who works for us, except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded under Sultanate of Oman law or any TRA’s Regulations.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss of business, revenue, profits or anticipated savings, data being lost or corrupted, or any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you.
- We shall not be liable to you (a) for the temporary non-availability of our network or the Domain Name registration system, (b) for loss, late receipt or non-readability of any message or communication, (c) for any defects, malfunctions or delays in any way connected with the provision of the Services.
- If we cannot provide the Services for a reason which is outside our control, then we cannot accept any responsibility for such lack of Services.
- This Clause 14 will continue to apply even after this Agreement has terminated.
- If you want to make a complaint
- If you have a complaint about the Services you should contact our Call Center in accordance with the Domain Name Registration Complaints Handling provisions. We will resolve any complaints quickly and amicably and no later than 15 days from receipt of your complaint. Should the matter remain unresolved after 15 days, you may refer the matter to the TRA.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Any disputes between you and a third party (that is, a party other than Omantel or the TRA) concerning the registration or use of a domain name by you shall be governed by the TRA’s Dispute Resolution Provisions.
This Agreement is drafted in Arabic and English language in case of any dispute in relation to the interpretation of the Agreement the Arabic text shall be the reference..
I agree to the above terms and conditions and have read and agree to abide by the
|Name of the Applicant
|Signature & Stamp
The first page of the Standard Customer Agreement would contain the current Application GSM service application form with one item added as follows:
“Security Deposit Amount [ ]. Any security deposit would be refunded as per clause 3 of the agreement”
Note 1: The amount be filled in manually in the brackets at the time of customer application. The term Nil would be filled in if no deposit is required.
Note 2: The second part of the Standard Customer Agreement would be the Annex containing terms and condition. The Annex would be attached to the Application component of the Standard Customer Agreement using perforation so that it can be detached
- 1 All Telecommunications Services offered by Omantel Mobile are subject to the terms and conditions duly approved by TRA contained in the following:
- These Terms of Service in the Standard Customer Agreement;
- Applicable provisions of Omantel Mobile Tariffs; and
- The terms and conditions in the signed Application Form fo the Customer
- 2 These Terms of Service and any subsequent amendments hereto shall come into effect 30 days after the date of receiving the approval from the TRA.
- 3 Every Applicant of the Services shall be provided with a copy of the TRA approved Terms of Service.
- 4 Printed copies of the current version of these Terms of Service are available at Omantel Mobile Customer Service Counters. Electronic version is also posted on the Omantel Mobile web site.
- 5 The Customer may communicate with Omantel Mobile by phone, in person at any Customer Service Counter, by post, by facsimile and through internet. Communication by Omantel Mobile may be sent to the Customer by phone, courier, post, facsimile, e-mail or SMS to the Customer address in the Customer record maintained by Omantel Mobile.
- 1 “Force Majeure” means any action outside the control of the Licensee that can not be anticipated or avoided.
- 2 “Telecommunications Services” means Telecommunications Services made available to any person by Omantel Mobile.
- 3 “Resale Services” means Telecommunications Services Purchased from the Licensee by a licensed Service Provider and made available to a Beneficiary, together with such additional services as the Service Provider may provide;
- 4 “CSR” means Customer Service Representatives;
- 5 Credit Limit” means the maximum amount of all outstanding charges set by Oman Mobile;
- 6 “Deposit” means the security deposit that Omantel Mobile sets with the approval of TRA and may ask before making available any Telecommunications Service and will hold against payment of future bills.
- Application for Service
- 1 Service provision is subject to credit limits established by Omantel Mobile.
- 2 The applicant shall pay a deposit according to the deposit policy of Omantel Mobile, approved by the TRA, which shall be explained to customers at the time of application.
- 3 A receipt for the deposit shall be provided to the Applicant, and it shall be held by the Applicant for obtaining future refund, if any. However, if the original receipt is misplaced then the deposit amount will be refunded upon receiving a formal request in writing from the customer. The copy of the deposit receipt and the application will be retrieved from Omantel Mobile files and the amount will be refunded after verifying the signatures with that on the application and the ID. If the subscriber is a company the amount will be refunded on receiving an official letter from the authorized signatory as in the commercial registration documents of the company.
- Omantel Mobile Obligations
- 1 Omantel Mobile shall offer all Customers of the same class the same Terms of Service unless otherwise specifically permitted by TRA. This obligation shall apply to tariffs charged, quality of service provided and the time within which the requested service is made available.
- 2 Omantel Mobile shall endeavor to provide the best possible service and meet the quality of service requirements as per the license conditions. However service may be adversely affected at certain times due to network congestion or fault, maintenance or other technical and operational constraints. Services may also be affected with network expansion or reconfiguration. Notwithstanding the above, Omantel Mobile is committed to provide service within the required quality parameters except in the case of Force Majeure.
- 3 In case the service is affected due to technical or maintenance reasons, Omantel Mobile shall endeavor to re-establish service as soon as possible. Other than Force Majeure conditions, should the service remain interrupted continuously for more than 24hours, the monthly subscription charges will be waived pro-rata for the time beyond the 24hours when the service remained continuously interrupted.
- 4 Any SIM card provided to a Customer is the property of Omantel Mobile. Omantel Mobile warrants that the SIM card is free from design, manufacture or material defects provided it is used in accordance with Omantel Mobile’s instruction and recommendation. The warranty is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
- 5 Omantel Mobile does not offer any guarantee for Roaming services which depend on the networks of other Operators. Omantel Mobile is not liable for any failure by a Customer to comply with the laws and regulations of another country when using International Roaming.
- 6 Omantel Mobile reserves the right to propose new tariffed services, revise the tariffs and/or the terms and conditions of existing services and make promotional offers consistent with TRA regulations. Information related to these is made available through one or more of these channels: Public media, Customer Service Counters, Retail or Agency outlets, Bill inserts and Omantel Mobile web site.
- 7 Omantel Mobile staff is always ready to assist the Customer and carries duly authorized identification which bears his photograph and name. No employee is permitted to demand or accept money or favors in respect of work carried out on behalf of the Company.
- 8 In case the Customer is provided with a handset under a Handset Bundled Offer”, Omantel Mobile does not provide any warranties in addition to manufacturer’s warranty. Furthermore, the customer is responsible for dealing directly with the manufacture or its agents in case of any defective handsets or repairs arising from any warranties.
- 9 Omantel Mobile has the right to inform the subscriber about any services provided by the company via the address provided at registration or through SMS to the Omantel Mobile number provided as well. If the subscriber is a corporate entity, the communication with the subscriber will be through the authorized contact person.
Furthermore, subject to approval from the TRA, the company has the right to make changes to the clauses of this agreement including the terms and conditions related to services, products, plans and tariffs. In this case, all changes will be published in the local newspapers (English and Arabic) and its website.
- Customer Obligations
- 1 The Customer is responsible for calls (including SMS/MMS and other value added services) made from his/her telephone number and shall pay for these services as per TRA approved tariffs”.
- 2 Where the charges are based on any particular use identified in the application for service, the Customer shall not permit the service to be used for any other purpose.
- 3 The Customer shall neither re-sell nor assign the service.
- 4 All facilities and equipment (e.g. SIM Card) supplied and used by Omantel Mobile to provide service shall remain the property of Omantel Mobile and upon termination of service, the Customer must return all facilities and equipment except when these have been paid for by the Customer.
- 5 The Customer must use only TRA type approved devices and comply with all relevant manufacturer’s specification, legislation or regulations related to their use.
- 6 Subject to a determination or decision by a relevant judicial or regulatory body, a Customer who has deliberately, or by virtue of lack of reasonable care, causes loss or damage to the Company’s facilities is liable for direct losses, and may be charged the cost of restoration or replacement.
- 7 The subscriber is obligated to make payments of all the financial expenses that resulted from the usage of the services provided by the company. This also includes usage made by any person as long as it was done through the subscriber’s registered number whether this usage was done legally or illegally.
This commitment remains applicable to the subscriber in case of seizure or theft of the PIN or the line or any equipment connected to it by others by any means till the time and date of reporting the incident to the company to stop the service.
- 8 The Customer shall be held responsible for observing and complying with public order and public morality and for origination of mischievous & unsolicited calls and messages, by him / her and by all others using the service provided to him / her. The Customer shall not use the service or allow any other person to use the service for any other improper, immoral, fraudulent or unlawful purpose or for sending communication or transmitting data which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory or menacing.
- 9 The customer shall inform Omantel Mobile, in writing, any change of address as soon as such change is affected.
- 10 The customer shall not copy or manipulate the technical information, security and other features contained in the SIM card.
- 11 If the company provides a credit limit service, the subscriber has the right to request the company to set an agreed credit limit for consumption. Reaching the credit limit specified will result in disconnection of the service by the company. In this case, the company guarantees that the subscribers’ consumption will not exceed the agreed credit limit. As a result, if the subscriber’s consumption is in excess of the limit, the company has no right to request the subscribers to make payment in excess of the agreed amount. However, this excludes International Roaming charges (Voice, Data and Internet).
- 1 Omantel Mobile shall issue a clear and detailed monthly bill at the end of each billing cycle for services provided as per approved tariffs showing the chargeable call units for national and international calls, monthly subscription charge, as applicable, and payment due date.
- 2 The subscription portion of the first monthly bill is calculated by pro-rating the subscription fees to the number of days of subscription in the month. The subscription portion of the bill is then added to the usage bill to determine the first monthly bill.
- 3 Each call is charged from the commencement of the call at intervals determined by the chargeable call unit. (e.g., 30 second increments, 60 second increments, number of Kilo Bytes, etc. based on type of service). Tariff information on applicable subscription charge, chargeable call units and any pricing plan options are available on the Omantel Mobile website or at Customer Service Counters or by calling the Customer Service Center.
- 4 The customer shall inform Omantel Mobile immediately of the theft or loss of the SIM card as the customer shall remain liable for all charges until the SIM card is blocked following the customer request.
- 5 The bill is sent by mail to the mailing address provided by the Customer. If for any reason, the bill is delayed or not received, a copy of the bill may be obtained at Omantel Mobile Service Counters or OIFC (the collection agent of Omantel Mobile) offices.
- 6 Omantel Mobile Customer can pay the bill through the one of the following payment channels:
Corporate customers can pay in cash or by check depending on the credit status of the customer with Omantel Mobile
- Omantel Mobile Bill Payment Machines where available 24 x 7.
- Omantel Mobile Customer Service Counters
- Oman National Electric Co.
- Any of the banks with which Omantel Mobile has made arrangements for bill payments. The names of the banks where payments may be made can be obtained from a Customer Service Representative or from the Company’s website.
- 7 Customers may note that their accounts are updated only after receipt of the due amount. Delay in payment may result in restriction and eventual disconnection of the service. Bills for a calendar month are issued in the beginning of the following month. Payment of the entire is due within 30 days of the date of the bill. Customers are allowed a further 2 weeks grace period to pay their bills after the due date. After the 2 weeks grace period if the overdue bill amount is not settled then the ‘outgoing calls” will be barred. Incoming calls will also be barred if payment is not received within 1 week from the date of barring outgoing calls and the service is suspended. The customer may settle his due bills and apply for service by paying the appropriate charges and obtain the same number within 180 days of the suspension of service.
- 8 Upon request for termination of service or within a year of “Good Credit History”, i.e. not more than one disconnection for non-payment over a period of last 12 months, a Customer may request the refund of a deposit.
- 9 Request for refund is made at an Omantel Mobile Service Counter by completing the appropriate Refund form and providing proof of identity, the Deposit receipt, and evidence of settlement of the final bill in case of request for termination of service. Payment is made in cash against a signed acknowledgement of having received the refund.
- 10 Billing inquiries relating to payment such as billed amount and due date can be made by calling the Omantel Mobile Customer Service Center (1234) or OIFC Call Center (2416 2222).
- Emergency Service
In case of emergency the customer is requested to contact 9999 which is free of charge. The attendant at 9999 will direct the caller to the appropriate emergency agency.
- Customer Queries and Complaints
- 1 Billing
- 1 Customers may write to Omantel Mobile with any queries, complaints or comments at the following address:
Omantel Mobile Telecommunications LLC,
C/O Customer Services Division,
P.O. Box 694, Postal Code 130, Al-Azaiba, Sultanate of Oman
- 2 Customers shall check and verify the accuracy of the bill related to the service and bring any error or discrepancy to the attention of Omantel Mobile within two weeks of the date of the bill. Types of common billing queries or complaints can be:
Correctness of billing details
Dispute over genuineness of calls or charges for SMS
Long duration of national and international calls
Customer charged for long service
Service disconnected without valid reasons
- 3 Customers shall check and verify the accuracy of the bill related to the service and bring any error or discrepancy to the attention of Omantel Mobile within two weeks of the date of the bill.
- 4 Customers can make queries relating to billing by calling Omantel Mobile Customer Service Centers (1234) or visiting Omantel Mobile Customer Service Counters. The Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) shall address queries and resolve or escalate as necessary the billing complaints of customers.
- 5 If the customer’s billing complaint is not resolved to the satisfaction of the customer, then the customer shall pay his due bill and then file a written complaint providing the details of the specific complaint and the remedy sought by the customer. Omantel Mobile shall resolve the complaint within 20 days and inform the customer.
- 2 Service Related Queries and Complaints
- 1 Inquiries and complaints related to service, features or products can be made by calling the Customer Service Centers (1234) or by visiting Omantel Mobile Customer Service Counters. If the CSR is not able to resolve the complaint, the CSR will escalate for resolution.
- 3 Faults Related Queries/Complaint
- 1 A Customer can report fault by calling 1234 or visiting the Omantel Mobile Customer Service Counter. The Customer is required to provide details including telephone number, contact information and the description of the fault or trouble. A Trouble Ticket is produced and the Complaint Ticket Number identified and provided to the Customer. Fault shall be investigated and corrective action taken to remove the fault and restore service within 24 hours. Major system faults may take longer depending on the severity of the fault. The Customer is advised upon clearance of the fault and the Trouble Ticket is closed.
- 4 Mischievous, Nuisance and Unwanted Calls
- 1 A Customer who reports mischievous, threatening or unwanted calls to Omantel Mobile shall be advised to report the matter to the Royal Oman Police. In any follow-up action taken by these authorities, Omantel Mobile will cooperate to provide the necessary support and information consistent with Article 5 of the Telecommunications Regulatory Act.
- 5 Escalation to the Regulatory Authority
- 1 Any complaints and disputes shall be resolved amicably between the customer and Omantel Mobile. No complaint shall be brought to the TRA until the Customer and Omantel Mobile have negotiated in good faith for a minimum period of 20 days from the date that Omantel Mobile received the written complaint from the Customer and the parties have been unable to reach agreement. Complaints must request resolution of all the issues that are under dispute. Complaints shall be in writing and shall set out the facts and the relief requested.
- 2 Where there is unsatisfactory resolution of a complaint within the stipulated time period and the customer has exhausted all the steps of “Customer Handling Procedure” of the operator, the customer has the right to raise the issue to the Regulatory Authority for mediation and resolution of the dispute of any of the following matters:
The access to, or quality of, service provided
The financial obligations imposed on the Customer as a condition of obtaining or continuing to obtain service, including any disputed Customer Bill
The disconnection or reconnection of service
The interpretation of the Terms of Service
The interpretation of, or applicability of, any TRA-approved tariff
The treatment of the Customer’s confidential information; or
Any other matter that is within the jurisdiction of the TRA.
- Suspension and Termination of Service
- 1 Service commences and the terms and conditions become applicable for a Postpaid Customer when the service gets connected and for a Prepaid Customer when the prepaid account is activated.
- 2 In case of suspension of service due to exceeding of credit limit, loss or theft of SIM or non payment of charges, Omantel Mobile will notify the customer.
- 3 In the cases of suspension either due to non-payment of charges or exceeding of credit limit, service shall be resumed after all dues are paid. In the case of suspension due to SIM loss or theft, service shall be resumed if and when the SIM Loss / Theft problem is resolved.
- 4 Service may be terminated either by the Customer or Omantel Mobile. A Customer may initiate termination of service by making a written and signed request and after payment of the final bill. A certificate of no dues is issued after the final payment is made.
- 5 Omantel Mobile may, with prior notice, suspend, bar, and restrict use of any service in accordance with the procedures duly approved by TRA for:
breach of the Terms of Service
exceeding of credit limit
non-payment of charges
However, Omantel Mobile may suspend, bar, restrict or terminate use of any service in accordance with the procedures duly approved by TRA for:
Use of service for illegal, fraudulent or criminal activity.
Any activity that may damage or adversely affect the operation of the Omantel Mobile network
- 6 Service shall be reconnected after all dues are paid. If the operator fails to re-connect the service after the customer has paid in full the outstanding bill, then the customer would be entitled for compensation equal to prorated monthly subscription for the period during which the service remained disconnected despite making the payment of the outstanding bill.
- Confidentiality of Customer Information
- 1 Omantel Mobile or its approved agents may collect personal information of the Customers for the purpose of providing service, sending bills, giving directory information and credit assessment. For any other use, prior consent of the customer shall be obtained.
- 2 Upon receiving an authorized request in writing, Omantel Mobile shall give access to Customer personal information and correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- 3 Omantel Mobile shall disclose Customer information to law enforcement agencies to assist in prevention of crime and to emergency services in the performance of their duties, when demanded by these agencies. For all other entities, no personal information of customers will be disclosed without explicit consent of the customer.
- Operator Assistance and Directory Listing
- 1 Notwithstanding Clause 10 above, unless otherwise requested by the Customer, name and telephone number, may be included in directory entries and used for Directory or other Operator Assistance but no other personal information may be disclosed except where law permits to do so.
- Transfer of Telephone Numbers
All assigned telephone numbers are not owned by the customer and may be altered changed or withdrawn at anytime after notification and in accordance with the Number Plan Policy and with the approval of TRA
- 1 Omantel Mobile has the right to reassign or transfer number with proper notification and an explanation of the reasons for re-arrangement or transfer. Omantel Mobile is not liable for any loss, damage or cost incurred by the Customer.
- 2 According to the TRA Regulations, no customer is allowed to assign or reassign number to any body. The operators are not allowed to assign or reassign special numbers to another customer without paying the applicable charges for such special numbers and observing TRA relevant directives/regulations
- 3 In case the customer does not agree to alter or re-assign his number, the matter shall be reported to TRA for approval.
- 4 The Customer has the right to terminate service if the number change is not acceptable and shall pay all dues up to the date of service termination.
- 5 Where Number Portability is permitted and is operational, a Customer may keep the same telephone number when changing to another Service Provider.
- Limitations of Liability
- 1 Without prejudice to the obligations as a Licensee under the License issued by the TRA, Omantel Mobile is not liable whatsoever for any loss however caused including without limitations over which Omantel Mobile has no direct or indirect control for non-delivery, misuse, interruption, suspension, and termination of service or for the content, accuracy and quality of information or resources made available, received and transmitted through the use of service. Burden of proof of direct or indirect control would be on Omantel Mobile.
- 2 Notwithstanding Clause 13.1 above, if the customer suffers direct loss or damage because of negligence of Omantel Mobile, then the customer is entitled to claim the loss in accordance with the laws of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- 1 Any changes to the terms and conditions of the Agreement will be informed to the customers at least 14 days prior to the effective date with prior approval of the TRA
- 1 The content provided through certain services such as Ring tones, MMS, etc. are copyrighted and may not be provided without the express written permission of the copyright owner.
- Governing Law
This term of service is governed by the Telecommunication Regulatory Act issued by Royal Decree No.30/2002, and the amendments to it unforceable including the amendments as promulgated by Sultani Decree No. (64/ 2007). This is in addition to the Consumers Protection Act issued by Royal Decree No 81/2002. The Omani relevant provision of laws and regulations would apply otherwise.