Omantel’s Email Broadcast is a valuable business tool for delivering advertisements, instructions and announcements, provided to Omantel.net.om users.
|Monthly tariff (OMR)||75|
How to apply?
To apply for the service please submit a digital version (CD, USB, etc.) of the HTML file to one of our Omantel Business Counters along with the service fee of 75 OMR.
- The file should be in HTML format.
- Images and animation should be hosted on a separate web server.
- Size of the HTML file should not exceed100KB.
- The CD/Media should contain the following:
- HTML Format files.
- Text file with ‘From’ and ‘Subject ‘should be clearly mentioned.
Terms & Conditions
- The purpose of Email Broadcast service is to use it to inform the public about sales, promote new businesses, exhibitions, events and opportunities relevant to the company.
- Email Broadcast should not be used as a public forum or discussion tool. They may not be used to raise complaints or criticisms, raise issues or review practices, or make statements that may attack a person or an idea. They should only be used as a tool to communication to a wide audience about activities, events and opportunities.
- The Customer shall not send any Email Broadcast which:
- is misleading or deceptive.
- could infringe a law or regulation (including but not limited to defamation, discrimination, invasion of privacy, harassment, obscenity, infringement of intellectual property rights or breaches of confidentiality);
- could reasonably be regarded as offensive to public morals, decency or sensibilities.
- threatens the operation and /or security of any computer system telecommunications network or equipment (including the operation of a mobile handset); or induces an unacceptable sense of fear or anxiety.
- is regarded as a chain letter, junk email message, spam, or otherwise an unsolicited email (commercial or otherwise).
- Is of an explicitly or implicitly vulgar and/or unsuitable nature.
- which suggest, encourage or incite any person to use harmful substances or engage in dangerous practices.
- which could give grounds for action for defamation, misrepresentation, breach of confidence or breach of copyright or is otherwise offensive to the public.
- Which is not accurate or designed to mislead or misrepresent.
- topical messages or programs shall be kept up to date.
- which communicate words, which promote or incite terrorism, the misuse of weapons, or encourage or incite a person to commit a criminal offence, are prohibited.
- which criticize or denigrate the products or activities of Omantel or any other entity or company.
- The Customer shall ensure that Email Broadcast containing professional services such as financial, legal, medical, or dental services shall state at the beginning of the Email Broadcast the sources of the information and the professional/legal standing of the service.
- Email Broadcast containing professional services such as financial, legal, medical or dental services shall comply with the regulations of the appropriate competent agencies.
- The Customer shall ensure that before service is provided, all proprietary interests, rights, authorizations, licenses, consents and permission, including any intellectual property rights, have been obtained, and all such requirements of law complied with as may be necessary to enable service to be made available.
- These terms and conditions apply to all corporate customers of Omantel using Omantel’s network to send Email Broadcast to customers. The Customer agrees to be bound by, and to comply with, these terms and conditions, any other applicable Terms and Conditions available on the Website.
- If the Customer breaches any clause of these terms and conditions, Omantel has the absolute right in its sole discretion to immediately suspend or terminate, without compensation, part or all of its Email Broadcast service to the Customer forthwith. Written reasons for such suspension or termination shall be provided promptly to the Customer.
- If for any reason Omantel fails to deliver the Email Broadcast on time, Omantel shall compensate the customer with another Email Broadcast free of change at any time within 2 months from the date of failure of the first Email Broadcast.
- Each advertisement, instruction, announcement must include a contact name, phone number and an email address of individual(s) responsible for coordinating the above.
- The Customer should submit the request for the Email Broadcast 72 hours prior to the intended purpose of the Email Broadcast.
- The content of the Email Broadcast should not contain any details of developer’s company or its telephone numbers.
- Only HTML files will be accepted for submission.
- The announcements are only emailed to Omantel.net.om users.