Omantel - Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service, offers better quality of calls through improved network performance. The service will allow Omantel's mobile customers, both prepaid and post-paid, to use LTE for full voice and data services on a single LTE-enabled device.
It will reduce a call set-up time significantly compared to the current time and with HD Voice, the voice clarity is improved further.
This is aimed at providing the best experience for our customers coupled with the best possible service quality. Our customers will now be able to make voice calls while at the same time enjoying all their data services and internet browsing, using the same high speed 4G LTE network.
For Huawei Customers, “Volte” will be displayed on the screen on top left corner.
For IPhone users, no specific display, with the 4G symbol continuously displayed even during the voice call.
For Samsung users, “VoLTE” will be displayed on the screen on the right top corner of the device.
VoLTE calls are billed as standard voice minutes, according to your plan
To Activate the service on iPhone:
- Users need to upgrade the IOS to 12.1 And after that they will be prompted for Carrier Settings Update.
- Customers need to confirm from the Menu Setting>> General>>About
- Software release should be 12.1
- And Carrier should be OMANTEL 34.1
- Once this is done, VoLTE will be automatically provisioned within few hours.
- If it does not work after a while, after resetting the phone they will be locked on VoLTE.
- It works seamlessly with call getting handed over from 4G and 3G without customer realization or
- involvement and works on all 4G areas of Oman.
To Activate the service on Huawei devices:
- Go to settings
- Select More
- Select Mobile Networks
- Enable VoLTE Calls
To Activate the service on Samsung:
- Update to the latest software version of the device
- Go to Settings
- Mobile networks
- VoLTE Calls – ON